Scotland is one of the most advanced countries
for transgender and intersex equality
There are many organisations that contribute to the support services available.
The biggest charities are:
- The Scottish Transgender Alliance
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- LEAP Sports Scotland
- Stonewall Scotland
Their web sites contain links to many smaller organisations and groups in the support network.
Between them they give valuable information in regard to:
- NHS services and gender clinics
- Support services
- Countrywide support and social group contact details
- Information about changing your name by statutory declaration and details of how to change your details on passport, driving licence, bank accounts and other documents
- How to apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate